IndyGamers Online Forums

Online Community

Register

View Poll Results: What nerd movie did you enjoy the most (2009)?
Terminator Salvation 2 11.76%
Watchmen 0 0%
Star Trek 12 70.59%
X-Men Origins: Wolverine 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
[iG] Member

Thumbs up Best nerd movie of the year so far.

Simple enough, what nerd movie was the best so far this year. Not the biggest, the most expensive.. which film did you enjoy the most. Post suggestions and I'll add them unless you fail at life.

ScottyIsTheBest on PSN
I like candy
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
[iG] Member

As far as limited release nerd movies, my vote is for "Fanboys".
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
[iG] Member

'tis a 2008 movie Elmo!

ScottyIsTheBest on PSN
I like candy
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:00 AM
[iG] Member

Well, it had limited release in 2008 in a few select cities and festivals.
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:29 PM
[iG] Member

I'd say watchmen, only because I don't think you had to be a nerd to get the others. But watchmen and the older spirit comic book movies were probably liked more by the old school comic book nerds.

I haven't seen Salvation yet but I'd say Star Trek was awesome. Who doesn't want a hot green alien.

Xfire = lzcarnage
Steam = [iG] CaRNaGe
Old May 27th, 2009, 08:31 AM
[iG] Moderator

I didn't see Watchmen, and I wasn't familiar with the comic before the movie came out. Out of the other three, which I saw in the theater on release day, I enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine the most.

X3 was FAIL, relative to the previous two movies, so for me it was nice to see something redeem the "fan"-chise.

Terminator Salvation was enjoyable in and of itself. I don't really remember much of the first three movies. I felt the same way about Trek, I didn't get into Trek until the TNG stuff, and still enjoyed the moviel
- Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate | AMD FX-8120 3.1 GHz | ThermalRight Ultra Extreme 120 | Corsair TX 750 | Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series™ 600T | Asus ROG Crosshair V | Diamond ATI Radeon HD 7970 3 GB | Kingston HyperX 8 GB | 2 x 240 GB SSD | Corsair Gaming Audio Series™ HS1A Gaming Headset -
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:43 PM
[iG] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpittman View Post
X3 was FAIL, relative to the previous two movies, so for me it was nice to see something redeem the "fan"-chise.
+1 Coming off the previous movie it did make it all the sweeter

ScottyIsTheBest on PSN
I like candy
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM
[iG] Moderator

Star Trek movie review that I couldn't disagree with,

Quote:
Here ya go; hate me all you want; I don‘t care.

Why would they free fall from space to the end of the drill thingie platform to disable it. The fucking thing is right there in space, set the fucking charges on it in space and blow it to hell, after the steel support is blown up, the whole thing will fall to Vulcan and be destroyed. Who decided the jamming device is on the end of the drill device; wouldnt the jamming be coming from the main ship?

How long is this steel support the drill is hanging from, the ship is in space which means its around; oh I dont know two or three hundred miles above the surface of the planet, so this umbilical attached to the drill in the atmosphere is around three hundred miles long, bull shit!

Why not shoot it with a Phaser or Photon torpedo and destroy the fucking drill at the end of the three hundred mile support attached to the Romulan ship?

Oh YA; Spock had to do it near the end of the film; guess hes the only one with a brain.

Wouldnt falling a couple hundred miles from space into an atmosphere cause them to; oh I dont know, burn up; spontaneously combust? Would they survive the fall?

Why would there be any Romulans in the automated drill thingie, I dont get it, wouldnt this thing be completely remotely controlled?

And of course the new guy dies.

Why the fuck are we shooting the steel wall of the drill, there isnt any controls in the damn thing?

Ok; the Romulans launch a bomb with the Red Matter in it and it takes less than a half a second to travel from space to the same height of the drill? Again; bull shit.

Ok, why the fuck does Checkov have to run from the bridge to a transporter room to take control of the transporter, why the fuck wouldnt he just take control from a bridge station? Again; Bull shit!

Chekov had transporter lock on Spocks mom, why would he loose transporter lock just because she fell? Again; bull shit!

Who the fuck typed this piece of crap?

Nero is holding Captain Pike hostage strapped to a board in water, water boarding?

Nero wants to know the sub space frequencies for the border protection grid?

Pike must be very stupid, instead of lying and telling him that theyre changed every twenty-four hours, which they should be, he just endured the fucking torture?

If the typer had a brain, Pike should have told him, that he; captain Pike is a captive that the frequencies and encryption protocols and access passwords are changed to protect the Federation frontier.

Nero is stupid, Enterprise got away, they know its an attack; they would contact Star Fleet and warn them,

This thing was created for a fucking retarded nine year old.

Spock quoting Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?

Warp factor three, in the original series Enterprise could travel at warp nine.

Enterprise is cursing along at .01 impulse and they launch a pod at a convenient planet to maroon Kirk; where did this planet come from?

Fucking stupid, who typed up this piece of crap?
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:54 PM
[iG] Member

That guy probably knows the dialogue from every every episode from the original series and even the actors who played the extras. I hope it starts a new series. I agree on X3 that was almost as bad as the Rocky with Tommy Gunn.

Xfire = lzcarnage
Steam = [iG] CaRNaGe
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
That guy probably knows the dialogue from every every episode from the original series and even the actors who played the extras. I hope it starts a new series. I agree on X3 that was almost as bad as the Rocky with Tommy Gunn.
Yeah. The uber nerds don't like the movie, but I believe the movie deserves the overwhelimgly positive reviews.

Anyone can be a critic. I can answer every question that asshole wrote in the review simply enough: made the movie more enjoyable.
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Administrator

I'm waiting for Avatar.....

"Superchargers whine while they screw. Turbos whistle while they work."
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:07 AM

watchmen is a crappy and boring movie. Its not worth at all.

I would prefer X-Men Origins: Wolverine . The movie was the coolest
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Sergeant Major

Waiting on Avatar also.But i loved Zombieland for what it was worth.