IndyGamers Online Forums

Online Community

Register

Old September 29th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Just let me know the server you guys decide on, I'm up for whatever.

I've got a crazy busy week, so I may not be on until next week. Save me a spot! I'll probably roll another Shadow Warrior (Ranger).

I do like this game though. Like it a lot. Striker, might be time to consider it again? The PvP (and RvR) is awesome.
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

I have a buddy from WoW playing on Azazel (dest), are ya'll thinking of changing sides too or sticking with Order?

If we're sticking with Order, I would like to nominate Skull Throne. We might be able to all get in to a rank 13 guild already established on the server (has been around since DAoC, 100+ members in the War guild atm), at least anyone that is interested in playing for serious. The upside is it's 1.2d:1.0o approximately, slight underdogs, competition is fierce, t1-3 scenarios are popping frequently (max we had to wait for a queue pop was like 4 minutes in t1, compared to Bechafen it's longer but seriously 4 minutes is a short queue, and the majority of queue pops were within 2 minutes) and t4 is starting up even. T1-3 sieges are taking place constantly, and it's a Core server so leveling would be less painful in the earlier levels.

The downside: Queues, on busy nights they can be pretty extreme. 30-60minute queues on weekend primetime, typically 15 minutes during the weekdays around primetime. Non-primetime the queues are hardly present, though, and PQs seem to be always getting farmed, even in the dwarf lands that are so under-populated on Bechafen. The bright side to the queues on Skull Throne is it is a solid well-populated server, we'd be guaranteed that action will always be available, whether we're online alone or have a warband going.

I'm not opposed to rerolling, but we need to make a solid decision and stick with it. I'm not entirely sold on Bechafen or Skull Throne myself, just throwing out options.
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator

I normally like playing the bad guys, but I've developed a deep role playing hatred for the Destruction. Especially those assassin witch bitches.
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I do like this game though. Like it a lot. Striker, might be time to consider it again? The PvP (and RvR) is awesome.
I'll wait and see what you guys figure out for a server. That ganking and camping shit will make me not play it for very long.

"Superchargers whine while they screw. Turbos whistle while they work."
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:11 AM
[iG] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
I have a buddy from WoW playing on Azazel (dest), are ya'll thinking of changing sides too or sticking with Order?

If we're sticking with Order, I would like to nominate Skull Throne. We might be able to all get in to a rank 13 guild already established on the server (has been around since DAoC, 100+ members in the War guild atm), at least anyone that is interested in playing for serious. The upside is it's 1.2d:1.0o approximately, slight underdogs, competition is fierce, t1-3 scenarios are popping frequently (max we had to wait for a queue pop was like 4 minutes in t1, compared to Bechafen it's longer but seriously 4 minutes is a short queue, and the majority of queue pops were within 2 minutes) and t4 is starting up even. T1-3 sieges are taking place constantly, and it's a Core server so leveling would be less painful in the earlier levels.

The downside: Queues, on busy nights they can be pretty extreme. 30-60minute queues on weekend primetime, typically 15 minutes during the weekdays around primetime. Non-primetime the queues are hardly present, though, and PQs seem to be always getting farmed, even in the dwarf lands that are so under-populated on Bechafen. The bright side to the queues on Skull Throne is it is a solid well-populated server, we'd be guaranteed that action will always be available, whether we're online alone or have a warband going.

I'm not opposed to rerolling, but we need to make a solid decision and stick with it. I'm not entirely sold on Bechafen or Skull Throne myself, just throwing out options.

You talking about queues getting the server or getting into scenarios?

I guess being Order on Bechafen had one advantage we didn't have to be in ANY queues to get into scenarios, well it might take a minute or 2 to give me the "Are You Ready?" box... this game would really blow if I had to wait 30-60 minutes for a scenario. Scenarios only average about 10 minutes, scenarios has been my way of leveling as I would avg 7-9K xp when you include the repeatable quests. The game definately gears the good XP to partipating in RvR.

What are the different server options? What is the difference between Open RvR, Closed RvR and Core?
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

The queues are for getting in to the server. The scenarios range anywhere from 1-2 minute queues on average, up to 5 minutes I've seen once or twice so far (t1 only, haven't got up high enough for t2 yet but there is no doubt in my mind that azazel or skull throne would offer more activity in t2 & t3).

There are basically two server options:
1) Open RvR - RvR flagged nearly always, you can be ganked while in the questing hubs / areas, but you can also gank if that is what you like to do. I had a lot of fun yesterday going back & forth with some destruction, but if I was being camped there would've been jack to do, since t3 scenarios aren't really running much yet on Bechafen and I am nearly out of quests.

2) Core - RvR flagged in objective areas (the places that are darker in color on the map with the keeps and control points) and scenarios only, you may choose to flag elsewhere if you like. If you're in the mood to just grind some quests for a while, no one is going to stop you. There can still be random world RvR but typically it's going to end up being 'pick your fight' for most people.
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM
[iG] Member

Well I definately like option 2. Leaving it open in control points is more than enough for open RvR for me, I don't need the hassle of being ganked during PQs. I like getting into the mix and I got plenty of that trying to get Norland under Order control this weekend. We once in awhile got control of all 3 points BUT never could take control of the zone, why was that? What else do you have to do to push the blue past the pin.

I'm also thinking Destruction this time. Order just didn't seem very sexy at all. WoW did a better job of giving each of these factions character, WAR... ehhh!
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator

I've done some ganking myself and it's fun. And an even server would be fun at high levels. So I'd be cool with Open RvR, but Core RvR seems a lot like SWG's PvP where you had to flag yourself for PvP. That made for a nice balance. So I'd lean to Opt. 2 to help at lower levels.

I could be fine with Destruction, as long as it's even. I don't want to flip to the overpowered side either.
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:56 PM
[iG] Member

opt 2 for me as well, I am definatly going order though, love my warrior priest class to much, and i havent even tried the other 2 masterys yet, only healing so far, which i've seen like one other warrior priest do. I am up for anything, perhaps we could pick a night and all join vent and have a meeting of sorts.

"Lazy (4:22:25 AM): fucking.. you need to stay in more
Lazy(4:22:26 AM): !~
DeathKing33 (4:22:03 AM): wow
DeathKing33 (4:22:05 AM): quoting that"
Old September 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM
teh_controversial_admin

Just let me know what you guys decide. I'm really trying to give the game a shot and break my WoW habbit.

Unfortunately I feel as if the leveling drops off after about level 8. I enjoy playing the rvr scenarios as I get massive xp and renown, but now I can't purchase t2 renown gear because the order never control a damn keep. So I find the questing infinitely boring, no one is ever doing the PQs (or there is never a tank), and I can't use my renown points to upgrade gear because Order doesn't seem to want to control the keeps...

None the less I have still been playing and trying to keep up my interest. It's almost like there is *too* much to do in the game. Are there actual instances or just PQs ?

--- you guys brought up ganking. I've attempted to solo PK players my level and so far, every time, a damn high level player comes to their rescue =(
---- and I'm game to giving dest a try too
Old September 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
[iG] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp View Post
Just let me know what you guys decide. I'm really trying to give the game a shot and break my WoW habbit.

Unfortunately I feel as if the leveling drops off after about level 8. I enjoy playing the rvr scenarios as I get massive xp and renown, but now I can't purchase t2 renown gear because the order never control a damn keep. So I find the questing infinitely boring, no one is ever doing the PQs (or there is never a tank), and I can't use my renown points to upgrade gear because Order doesn't seem to want to control the keeps...

None the less I have still been playing and trying to keep up my interest. It's almost like there is *too* much to do in the game. Are there actual instances or just PQs ?

--- you guys brought up ganking. I've attempted to solo PK players my level and so far, every time, a damn high level player comes to their rescue =(
---- and I'm game to giving dest a try too

You brought up a few questions for me: http://www.indygamers.com/vB/showthr...514#post133514
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Yea there are instances, there's also outdoor group spots (forget the name but it's Mount Something in northwest Badlands, for example, is a 25-28~ outdoor group spot with tons of quests). Unfortunately, no one is really running these on Bechafen.
Old September 30th, 2008, 12:28 AM
[iG] Moderator

I have no problems with oRvR or Core. Would prefer oRvR actually, but none of those servers are even close to being balanced. The only reason I want to move is fear of how the end game city raids and such would work out since we have zero numbers in comparison. We already can't hold a keep for more than 10 minutes... Order preferred though, but I honestly don't care. Every class has an opposite class.
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Administrator

We need to come up with a solid server, already near even, preferably order slightly underdogs but not smashed in numbers or too overpopulated. Skull Throne Order is the closest I could find that had good competition, good numbers, unfortunately it's a bit overcrowded. I'm going to ask around and see if anyone has a server that would be queue-free.
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:12 AM
[iG] Member

Were are you guys getting these numbers on servers. I only see full, high, medium but what does that mean exactly on the server list.